All March & April tours have been cancelled due to health concerns for all involved. Click here to view online appointment possibilities.
The following are additional helpful resources in understanding and talking about COVID-19, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to our school social workers if you feel your children need additional support:
– Take our sack lunch survey if you need food assistance. https://forms.gle/XFkYH7x5YGpP7m5f8
– We will be distributing food at the Armour campus on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. We are doing food distribution on a first come first served basis between 10:00 and 12:00.
– The online teaching experiment started on Thursday and Friday for middle school and the K-5 teachers that are ready.
– Teachers will have daily online office hours for children who may have questions or need additional help.
– Courses will be recorded and put on Google Classroom for students in grades 2-8. Have your child check their AL emails on Thursday morning to accept the invitation to join the classrooms.
K-1 will use a different platform. Parents will receive more information from their teachers.
– Additional information will be shared early next week.
The Chromebook distribution started on Tuesday, March 24. We started with those who do not need hotspots based on the Technology need survey.
– The school website will be updated to include information about the COVID-19 School Updates
– 4 interns have returned to France.
– Donations: food, toiletries, and cleaning supplies can be donated from 10 to noon on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at the east door of the Armour campus off McGee street.
Here are a few free or low cost internet options:
It is the policy of Académie Lafayette not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, ethnicity, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation or perceived sex orientation, or gender identity and expression in its programs or employment practices as required by Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Ms. Carlos McClain, Office Manager, Académie Lafayette, 816.800.8771