BUS POLICIES AND RULES
Citywide Transportation: 816.241.8822—use to call in child not riding only
Tim Rule, Transportation Supervisor
It is our hope that the information you find here will assist you and help us with the safe transportation of your children.
BUS INFORMATION FOR 2015-2016
To be eligible for bus transportation, families with students at Cherry must live over one mile from the Cherry campus. Families with students at Oak must live over one mile from the Oak campus. Both Cherry and Oak have their own routes, starting at 6:45 a.m. If you have children attending both Cherry and Oak, please pay attention to signage (magnet) on the side of the bus to ensure your children get on the correct bus. During the first week of school, please allow additional time for pick up and drop off. Please wait until after 8:00 a.m. before calling the bus company if your child has not yet been picked up.
- Please have your child ready to get on the bus 5 minutes prior to their scheduled pick up time. All buses begin their routes at 6:45 a.m.
- If your child may not be riding the bus on a certain day to contact the transportation company at 816.241.8822 BEFORE 6:45 a.m.
- A parent or guardian should be home in the afternoon by 3:15pm to receive your child. The bus driver is required to observe your child entering the home.
- IF THE BUS DRIVER IS UNABLE TO DELIVER YOUR CHILD: THE CHILD WILL BE RETURNED TO THE SCHOOL. REPEATED OFFENSES CAN RESULT IN SUSPENSION OF TRANSPORTATION.
- If there is a permanent change in your child’s pick up or drop off please contact the office at your child’s campus.
- It is very helpful if you can review general bus safety rules with your child. The bus company does bus safety programs twice a year with the students at both campuses.
BUS SAFETY AND RULES:
- No eating or drinking on the bus.
- No loud talking.
- No horseplay.
- Riders are to remain seated and wear seatbelts at all times.
- Students will keep hands, arms, and heads inside the bus at all times.
- If a child has to cross the street at their pick up or drop off, they should always walk at least 10 feet in front of the bus so the driver is able to observe the child. The child should stop and look both ways to make sure on-coming traffic has stopped as well before crossing. The bus driver generally attempts to pick up and drop off on the passenger door side and in front of the child’s home.
- No cell phones or electronic devices are allowed by either the driver or the riders.
- All riders need to remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- The noise levels must stay low on the bus so the bus driver can listen for emergency vehicles.
- If a child causes damage to the bus, the parents can be held liable for repairs.
- No glass objects or live animals are allowed.
- Children are expected to respect the driver and offenses of bad behavior may result in suspension from the bus.
POLICY FOR MISCONDUCT ON THE BUS IS AS FOLLOWS:
Fighting and severe misconduct can result in immediate suspension. For all incidents of misconduct, the parent/guardian must sign and return the “misconduct notice” to the driver before child can return to the bus.
• The 1st misconduct depending on the infraction can result in a 1-2 day suspension or a warning. The parent/guardian will be notified.
• The 2nd misconduct will result in a parent/guardian being notified. Depending on the infraction, the child can face a 2-3 day suspension from the bus.
• The 3rd misconduct will result in a parent/guardian being notified and an immediate suspension from the bus. The length will be determined by the school and transportation officials.
• The 4th misconduct will result in parent/guardian notification. Parent/guardian must sign and return the notice, and parent/guardian will have a meeting with transportation supervisor, and school official to determine when the child can ride the bus again.
WHO DO YOU CALL?
If you wish to make a change in your child’s transportation, contact the office of the campus your child attends. The transportation form can be picked up at either campus.
Any concerns regarding transportation and/or employees should be directed to the bus company at: 816-241-8822. Disciplinary action is taken in a prompt manner based in the nature of the incident. Issues or concerns will be handled by the bus company under their disciplinary policy. (Compliments are always appreciated as well.)