Required Forms for participation in any AL Athletics Programs:
Sports Release Form - Required for all students (K-8) participating in AL Sports programs.
Quick Reference Health Status Form - Required for all students (K-8) participating in AL Sports programs.
MSHSAA Form - REQUIRED FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS ONLY
Permission to Walk Form - for permission to walk from class to the gym/practice
Return form(s) to M. Djiba:
-E-mail to M. Djiba at firstname.lastname@example.org
-Return to either campus, to the attention of M. Djiba
-Bring form(s) to the first practice.
Created in 2007, the Académie Lafayette Athletics program is an after school program that provides our students an opportunity to learn basic skills and rules, sportsmanship, team work, and fair play in a fun and safe environment. The Athletics program considers its activities to be a service to our students and the community and acknowledges that its success dependent upon the generous donation of time and expertise by volunteers from the community, especially from the teachers and the Parent Association. The Académie Lafayette Athletics Program offers to students a wide variety of activities such as Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, Cross Country, Track & Field. The day-to-day operation of the sports activities is handled through the Sports Committee, and the administration under the supervision of its Athletics director.
Requirements: Academic standing
Academics are a priority at Académie Lafayette.In order to participate to any of Academie Lafayette’s sports activities, all students, except Kindergarteners, first graders, and second graders, have to fulfill the following requirements:
- GPA Requirement - 75% (2.5 grade point average)
- The grade point averages will be communicated to the Athletics Director at the beginning of each season: Fall, Winter, and Spring Season. If a student failed to maintain a 2.5 GPA, he/she will not be allowed to participate in team activities.
- Students who make progress or effort could be considered if GPA is below the requirement.
If your child is a participant in any sport at Académie Lafayette, please respect our philosophy and guidelines:
- Adhere to the pick up and drop off practice and game schedules. Your coaches will provide practice and game schedules each season. Parents may be required to stay at some of the practices for some grade levels.
- Please don’t be a sideline coach. Coaches may be teachers or parents. They volunteer their time to help make your child’s sports experience a positive one. They need your support too. That means refraining from coaching or refereeing from the sidelines. If you are interested in being a coach, we are always looking for more volunteers!
- Be a good role model for your player. As a parent, you are your child’s first and best role model. Applaud good plays by your child’s team as well as good plays by the opposing team. Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from youth sports activities.
- Remember your child wants to have fun. It’s very important to let children establish their own goals – to play the game for themselves. Take care not to impose your own standards and goals on them.
Mr. Djiba, Athletics Director
816-361-7735 ext. 221
AL Oak Main Office: 816-361-7735